Tachyon nodes benefit from running on great infrastructure, and Amazon certainly has great infrastructure.
1. Create an instance using AMI.
2. Choose an instance type, "micro" instance size.
3. Configure instance details, all default.
4. Add storage, go with the default 8GB.
5. Add tags, so that it will have a name you can refer to it by.
6. Configure security group. Inbound ports 22 (ssh), 9080 and 29444 should be open.
7. Review instance launch.
8. Then, you’re going to want to open up Tachyon Node Manager.